Wednesday 7 December 2011

Winter Drawers

Things discovered in my drawers at Wimbledon:
  • a drum of low-salt bouillon that went out of date in 2006
  • several extremely ancient oatcakes that probably don't taste much different despite their antiquity
  • a counterpart driving licence which was handed in to me several years ago, never reclaimed
  • a Czech national ID card, similarly handed in to me several years ago, never reclaimed
  • a rather amazing set of screwdrivers, handed in several years ago, never reclaimed
More goodbyes today.  L brought me flowers and was a bit teary.  I told her "None of that". I've been very good about not getting upset and there is deep seam of Englishness in me that just wants to do a cheery wave and go "Teddah then".  No tears, not yet, eh.

Now does anyone want about three thousand staples?  I could join them all back together if you really insist.

No comments:

Post a Comment