Monday 12 December 2011

Bobbie-Big-Bollocks Goes North

Thanks to my lovely niece S (does everyone I know have a name that starts with S?) Bobbie now has a new home in trendy Islington.  I expect this means he will be dining out nightly on Filet de Souris at the hottest new eateries in Upper Street.

He hasn't missed his sister one bit, which makes me feel less guilty about casting them to opposite sides of London.  Cats are quite simple, at heart.  As long as he's got his Felix pouches and a nice bed to sleep on Bobbie is fine. His new mum and dad sound absolutely lovely and I'm sure he will be very happy.

The goodbyes in earnest have begun.  Today I handed in my notice on my flat and on my job.  That's some goodbye.  And I did that thing of standing staring at colleagues I won't see again before giving them an awkward but sincerely-felt hug.  No tears yet; not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment