Thursday 1 March 2012

Bottom Line

Thursdays are very long.  Well I suppose they are as long as any other day but I do three jobs on a Thursday.  Just home now and having dinner.  I did my sums this week.  Sums is about as advanced as I got in maths.  That's a lie actually - I can do take-aways too.  And I'm doing ok financially.  Discovering that I am earning enough to cover all my expenses and even save some money is very rewarding.  It turns this adventure from a folly into a going concern.  I am earning a living in another European city.  I did it.

The next year or years may hold all sorts of surprises and opportunities - but I'm doing ok, right now.

4 comments:

  1. Well done. You've settled incredibly quickly and it's good to hear that you are doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is good, feeling a bit more financially secure means you can relax into your adventure a bit more too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most impressed, Jane; I've been here a year and some months, I can't say I earn quite enough to cover costs. And I never was much of a saver...so really very well done you.

    (I do agree that Thursdays are longer than other days though.)

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope my sums weren't wrong! My outgoings here seem to be considerably less than in London, which helps. Also I'm too knackered to spend my money, which also helps.

    ReplyDelete