Tuesday 31 July 2012

Power On

So, am I ready?  As ever, no.

What I really need, and which is proving as elusive as the Holy Grail, is a decent jacket for work.  I have a carte cadeau for Inno (which was the wonderfully thougthful leaving gift from my workmates in England) with €75 on it.  Yesterday I braved Rue Neuve to go and check that the card was still functioning - you never know with these things.  Didn't have enough time to really look around so I'm going back today with a single purpose.  Which means I'll probably come home with a blender instead.

Currently I'm slumped in my Manpower apron (whilst nannying I was officially employed by Manpower, although under the Titres Services system not officially as a nanny because it doesn't cover childcare, though is often covertly used for it, so I was employed as a cleaning lady, hence the apron, which has never been worn for actual work), which always makes me laugh.  Easily amused.  And oddly, if I wear the apron, I do slightly more domestic stuff. 

So, important things to do today:

1. Take my final statut de la prestation to Manpower.

2.  GET JACKET.   Not blender.

3.  Select subtle but imposing oufit for tomorrow.  Clean shoes.  Perhaps use permanent marker on scuffs.

4.  Read through employer's website so I don't appear to be an ignoramus.









3 comments:

  1. I've just caught up with all your news, having been away working for a month. Congratulations and lots of luck for the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'm starting to feel excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks manie borse

    ReplyDelete