Tuesday 22 November 2011

Space

One of those weird days today, when the day itself appears to be marking time.  I have seen one student, for about a minute.  I bought a sandwich that tasted of nothing.  To make sure I hadn't lost my sense of taste, I ate a Grab Bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps and I am happy to confirm my mouth is working.  I have had very few emails today.  One phone call.  Everything seems to be in abeyance.

At home, things are gradually starting to look like a raided tomb. How quickly a family home of 18 years becomes walls and cat fur and spaces.  The desire to get rid of things is becoming quite compulsive.  I want it to be done now.  I am waiting to feel sentimental and it isn't happening.  Something of me has gone ahead, brightly organising and smiling, and the rest of me will roll down a tunnel to follow.

I'm not going to say goodbye when I go, because I think I've gone already.  And you'll all come and see me, won't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment