Tuesday 1 January 2013

Sometimes (All I Need Is The Air That I Breathe)

I have a steroid inhaler and stuff to calm the coughing; I am sitting in the warm sun through my leaded lights, and somewhere nearby an equally warm mezzo-soprano is singing.  Possibly in the Groentenmarkt, but I'm not going out to check.  Last night I slept the sleep of the steroided.  After two nights walking about all night coughing continuously, it was a relief.  And this in spite of fireworks being fired off the ramparts of the castle next door. 

The sum total of today will probably be the laundrette and more sleeping, but as new years go, that's not bad.  I sincerely hope your new year will be as productive as my cough.

Happy 2013 xxx




1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Jane. May that cough go rapidly. Axxx

    ReplyDelete