I have a dreadful cough so bad I cannot lay down. This makes going to bed very difficult and I was steaming my head at 4am, in order to lay down without coughing, vomiting or choking. I'm going to find a doctor tomorrow. What comes up (excuse me) is clear, so I'm fairly sure there's no actual infection.
My sprained thumb is still sprained. Old people take a while to heal.
My zip-wire back is still hurting, after more than a year. Yes, I know. I have someone I can see now.
And I seem to have eczema on my legs and the back of my head.
Apart from that everything is fine. But yes, don't work all year again without a break. Not unless you want to fall apart, and not in a Bonnie Tyler way.
Inevitably, with the wet and fulsome new year waiting round the bend, thoughts turn to future things. Here is a list of what I'd like to happen. Some might call them "goals". The less goal-orientated might call it a list. Some things are more realistic than others.
- Get some furniture.
- Have some friends to use the furniture.
- Actually finish the two books I have started writing, whose characters cycle round my head aimlessly.
- Lose a bit of weight and look a bit nicer.
- Wear feathers and glitter on stage and nothing else.
- Master at least one language and make another into a pet.
- But first of all regain health, full mobility, and feel damned excited about where I live.
Enjoy the end and beginning of your years. I shall be celebrating with a bowl of hot water and Vicks vapour rub.