Monday 6 August 2012

Grade "A" Capon

Enough with the modesty, although it may be genuine.  84% in my French test and I can skip the next levelWooooooooooooooooooooo-ooooo.

If asked, I would still say I'm rubbish at French because that's what it feels like on the inside.  However, there seems to be some improvement.  Comprehension is getting better, if not the actual speaking.  And although my job is allegedly in English, the only phone calls I received today were in French.  Unfortunately the first was from a very distressed lady whose husband had died and she wanted to know where he was.  The second was from a hotel.  (The two calls were not related).

Apart from that the greatest struggle today was trying to master the Belgian keyboard.  It appears they put the letters in the wrong order just to annoy me.







No comments:

Post a Comment