I thought the Wandsworth Freecycle group was fierce, but my goodness, the Brussels one is voracious. About 20 requests just for my bicycle. Taking the least fair option, I picked the first person who asked, and I'm really glad I did. She was so utterly delighted by the bike and her little whoop of joy as she pushed it away quite made my day. This was somewhat spoiled by my falling arse over tit when I was walking past some cars to get back in the storage place. Snow and oil, I'm guessing. I'm a bit cut but otherwise fine.
I had my own little whoops of joy moment as I foraged in boxes and found:
1. Acetone. Not for my nails but to loosen the superglue that has completely jammed the cooker hob knob. So much for my repair job.
2. Bicarbonate of soda. That manky grouting in my new place won't clean itself.
3. My Sun-in. Hello blonde! Hello glamour!
4. Two tins of tuna. Yeah, no idea what they were doing in there.
5. Printer cartridge! Yay!
6. And last but not least, my beloved nit comb.
The table is also gone. It is possible that I looked really quite sad shouting "Bye table!" and waving at it. I don't care. It was like family, that table.