Saturday 9 May 2020

Allergy in the Time of COVID

This is not a romance, be strongly advised of that.  Today as I woke from a nap while watching "The Elephant Man" an email was read to my eyes, ending...and I cannot tell you why.  Somebody in my nap-dream had broken off with me by email and although it was disappointing, it was not entirely surprising.  I would probably break up with me too.

I have dreadful allergy symptoms at the moment, even when indoors.  Seeing as there is little to be allergic to in my flat except dust, most of which is my own dander, it seems I am basically allergic to myself.  This seems to be taking the auto-immune response a bit far.

This weekend, the world has apparently gone back to some semblance of normal, choosing to believe that sunshine proffers immunity to a prickly, somewhat deadly virus.  It is understandable, in a way.  We've all been locked up, or down, for so long that it would be easy to think "Well, I'm either fine or I've had it and anyway, look, a park."  I had a dog like that once, she would go nuts when she saw grass from the car.

I shall continue to stay indoors with my violent skin flakes, not because I'm good at following rules but because I want a future, and to see you all again.  When the time is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment