Wednesday 29 April 2020

Go Figure

You know you've been indoors too long when you see a figure on someone's doorstep and wonder, in all seriousness, why there is an Antony Gormley sculpture standing there.  It was just a bloke in a hoodie, of course.  I suppose it could have been a visiting art installation, but it's unlikely.

My walk to the Co-op takes me past the fire station, where other figures of note might be seen.  Although all I saw today was a fire-tender and some trousers and boots on the floor.  I know it's for speed but it does look terribly untidy.  I've just realised, only now, that fire-tender means something that tends a fire and not whatever other definition of tender you can imagine.

The man in the Co-op gave me a recipe for chicken.  This is the most contact I've had with an actual human being in so long, I could fall in love with him.  Or his tattoos at least.  I did quite a lot of work today and took no nap.  The vast, overwhelming exhaustion has gone off now, hopefully for good. 

The highlight of my day apart from going to the Co-op was putting the bins back.  Every time the bin men come, I put our many bins back in line out front. It gives me a sense of control. And then I wash my hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment