Thursday 28 May 2020

La Rentrée

I'm a vital player in putting together a plan for phased re-entry to our Laboratory.

What this actually means is, I am getting a lot of emails from people and I have no idea how to digest all the information and communicate it to our people for a possible re-entry starting next week. 

I say just open the doors.  Just let people come in. 

Those living far away will probably stay home.  Those with childcare issues will stay home.  Those who are a bit scared of the tube will stay home.  I can go in and do my job.  There is a lot for me to do but, ironically, there is as yet no plan for admin staff to return.  This plan was obviously drawn up by someone who doesn't understand who actually runs things.   Apparently I can prepare the Lab for everyone remotely.  I have skills but this is a stretch.

In the meantime I live on coffee, and snooze in the afternoon watching re-runs of "The Thick of It" because it seems like a fairy tale compared to our actual government.










No comments:

Post a Comment