Saturday 3 August 2019

Java Jive

This morning, I woke at 5.29 and watched the sun rise over Upminster.  From the eighth floor of a block in North London, London is huge, its villages mapped out in spires and council blocks.

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing yet, but I have various balls in the air.  Juggling has never been my strength, so something might get dropped.  Life hangs currently on small things:  finding excellent coffee shops and charity shops, Noodle the bonkers cat who lives here, seeing old friends, doing insane new stuff like stand-up comedy.

If there was any doubt that returning to London was the right thing, that doubt no longer exists.  Despite my fears about what the political climate would be like (mainly due to a shameful habit of reading the Mail online), people of all races, faiths, languages, genders, appear to be living and working alongside each other, just as they have for a long time in London.  This is my genetic and ancestral home.  As much as some feel that London is too much and alien, for me it's an embrace.

Not much else to say right now, but I'm sure things will be happening soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment