Tuesday 30 July 2019

One Down, One Across

I had a couple of bits of business this morning, so took advantage of being out to go to Exki in Place Lux.  Had a half-pint of coffee (what a luxury it is when you have none at home, nor the wherewithal to make it) and something moist and chocolaty.  Made a pig's bollock of the New York Times crossword.  It wasn't even a cryptic one; I'm just shit at crosswords. 

I realised, having transacted the final bit of business, that I was on the very same corner on which I stood almost eight years ago, on my first ever day in Brussels.  It was for an interview (for a job I'm pleased not to have got) and, as I'd made a day trip from London, I combined it with two internet dates.  First date picked me up on the corner of Place Lux, right by the bank.  Yes, I got in a car with a strange man and he gave me sweeties. 

Tonight I will dine out as everything is packed and anyway I can't mess up the oven.  Everything hurts - all the arthritis seems to be shouting just fucking stop.  But I can't yet.  Thankfully the list of things to do is mercifully short now.  Just as well - tomorrow morning at 8am, the men will be here, and then I'm on a train under the Channel.  See you on the other side.   


No comments:

Post a Comment