Tuesday 6 November 2012

Gentlewoman

Yesterday I phoned the agency and they had said that because my salary wasn't three times the monthly rent, I might not be considered without a guarantor.  So in my head I thought fuck that and started looking at other places.  Fuck them and their beautiful, spacious, gorgeously-situated flat.  Fuck fuck fuck. When they called this morning to say the landlord was offering me the tenancy, my brain was on a sort of delay and didn't react.  I wasn't going to get this flat. It took a few hours to go OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.  OH MY FUCKING GODDING GOD.

I'm still quite scared about the whole thing, but it's happening.  I am moving to Gent in slightly less than four weeks.

These are my windows.  They are lovely windows.



3 comments:

  1. Having seen the photos on FB Jane, it's an amazing flat. I am so so pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It really is. I don't remember being this scared when I moved from England - weird, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are indeed lovely windows. I hope your landlord is just as open and lovely.

    ReplyDelete